5 Intriguing Ways Ashwagandha Supports Full Body Wellness
Have you ever wondered what all the hype is about regarding Ashwagandha ?
We have been hearing more and more about Ashwagandha lately for good reason. In this article we will be exploring the seven intriguing ways Ashwagandha supports full body wellness and the research behind this ancient Indian herb! With so many people looking for ways to improve their health these days, it's no wonder that Ashwagandha supplements are also gaining popularity.
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is a plant indigenous to India and is an herbal remedy that has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine. It's known as the "king of herbs," due to its wide benefits across many different systems, including treatment-resistant depression or anxiety attacks without any side effects from traditional medications like Amitriptyline (a tricyclic antidepressant). Ashwagandha, also known as "the Samson of Herbs'' is an herb that has been used in Indian medicine for over 4500 years to treat many ailments.
Ways Ashwagandha Supports Health
- Support healthy energy levels. It's also known as Indian ginseng and its Indian name translates to "smell of horse" because it smells like a horse but could give you the energy of a stallion! The smell of horse? That's what you get when someone says "Ashwagandha." It sounds like a crazy concoction, but this Indian herb is known as the ginseng that helps stallions gallop faster. Ashwagandha is a herb that can be used to encourage heightened energy. Ashwagandha is an herb that has been used to support adequate energy for centuries. Its properties make it an excellent alternative or supplement when you're feeling tired and drained, especially if your diet isn't providing enough of these nutrients in order to keep up with demands on the body's system.
- Helps maintain a healthy body by keeping inflammation at bay. Ashwagandha contains compounds called withanolides, which are anti-inflammatory agents. Ashwagandha is not your typical anti-inflammatory. This plant has been used in India to alleviate arthritis, eczema and other inflammatory disorders for over 5,000 years! Ashwagandha is a natural anti-inflammatory that can be used to reduce muscle soreness and pain.The use of this herb has been documented in the ancient Sanskrit text, The Charaka Samhita by physicians from 2500 years ago!
- Supports a healthy stress response in the body. Studies show that Ashwagandha may help reduce stress levels by lowering cortisol levels in the body. Ashwagandha has been used for centuries in the Himalayan mountains to encourage people to feel happier, healthier and more productive. It can improve your mental capacity as well!
- Supports healthy brain functioning. Some studies have shown that ashwagandha can be helpful for people who suffer from anxiety or depression. Ashwagandha, or Withania somnifera as it is more commonly known, has been shown to relieve depression and anxiety. This herb contains chemicals called triterpenoids which have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce stress hormones such as cortisol which may leave you feeling less stressed out than before! It is an herb that has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine. It's said to be effective at reducing stress and anxiety, as well as helping with insomnia and depression. It has shown promising results in the treatment of these disorders, because it regulates brain chemicals like serotonin which affect moods among other things. In a recent study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology, researchers discovered that after 15 days worth of supplementation with standardized extracts from Ashwagandha root bark they found significant reduction in cortisone-like molecules known as glucocortisol when compared against participants given placebo capsules or not treated at all!
- Supports healthy sleep patterns. Other research suggests that this herb can help promote relaxation and sleep quality while reducing fatigue. A recent study found that after just two weeks of taking Ashwagandha, people reported feeling less stressed and more rested. A warming herb with ancient origins in India known for promoting relaxation as well as sleep quality; it can be useful if you're feeling overwhelmed or foggy during the day because of its calming effects that will give you peace of mind while also helping to calm down those racing thoughts before they spiral out-of control like an engine running too fast without fuel (anxiousness).
Ashwagandha, also known as Indian ginseng or winter cherry, is a nutritional powerhouse. It has been shown to reduce stress levels and boost immunity when taken daily for long periods of time. If you’re looking for an easy way to improve your health in many different ways without having to take prescription medication every day (always check with your doctor first), this may be the perfect herb for you! Have any of these benefits already resonated with what you notice your body may need in your life?
If you found this article valuable you may also enjoy our other articles: